1715 - Redundant I/O
Bulletin 1715 Redundant I/O System allows a ControlLogix® controller to communicate to remote, redundant I/O via an EtherNet/IP™ network without requiring additional programming or wiring. This system provides fault tolerance and redundancy for critical processes by using a pair of redundant Ethernet adapters and multiple I/O modules. The I/O modules provide diagnostics and are interchangeable with no interruption to the control system.
- Supports several network topologies, including Device Level Ring (DLR) for enhanced network resiliency
- Offers flexible, modular construction for user-configurable I/O applications
- Provides I/O redundancy for system requiring high availability
- Suitable for simplex and duplex connections and fault tolerant applications
- Requires no additional hardware or programming software to operate
- Supports online module removal and replacement with no interruption of the signal inputs