This simple inspection system checks that magnets are correctly fitted to the steering pump housing.
By using a single BOA smart camera triggered by a photocell to look down the central axis of the pump, all of the magnets are detected and the distance around the circumference measured to ensure they are placed correctly. Because this key part is checked prior to assembly, the operation of the finished goods is unaffected, and production and scrap costs are reduced by ensuring faults are found before unnecessary work is undertaken.
The features of the system are:
- Single Teledyne Dalsa BOA smart camera
- Checks the part inside 50ms
- Simple digital I/O result to the line PLC to ensure rejection of failed parts
- Easy to modify vision configuration
- Sensor can be run as a sensor with no operator input required